By now I am sure you are familiar with the Facebook Timeline feature called the Facebook Cover photo. Most people use this space to simply add a large photo. But for companies and individuals, it’s a great space to customize and add a piece of flair to your Facebook page.
I made a custom Facebook Cover photo a while back. It wasn’t hard, just took me a few tries to get the spacing right. I have seen some cool things done with them. Play around — see what you can come up with. (Or contact us — and we can do it for you!)
And of course, make sure you play by Facebook’s rules. Covers may not include:
- images with more than 20% text;
- price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or “Download it on socialmusic.com”;
- contact information such as a website address, email, mailing address, or information that should go in your Page’s “About” section;
- references to Facebook features or actions, such as “Like” or “Share” or an arrow pointing from the cover photo to any of these features; or
- calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends.”
You can find the full guidelines here.